1.Can you t_________ these sentences into English.
2.It’s a good idea to learn the dialogue in g_______.
3.Best w______ to you for Teacher’s Day.
4.Be sure to take a deep b_____ before you talk in front of the class.
5.Can you give me some a_______?
2. How about _____ (wait) him for a short while.
3. He wishes us ____ (learn) English well.
4. I enjoy _____ (watch) TV and _____(play) football.
A: Hello! Language learning doctor.
B: Hello! __1__ First is the vocabulary. I often forget the words quickly. What should I do?
A: I advice you to remember 7 or 8 words a day. And you can make words cards, place them in your bedroom. Say the words and change them every day.
B: Good idea! I will try it. Then how about speaking? I am afraid of speaking to others.
A: First don’t be shy. __2___
B: What then should I say?
A: I think there are a lot to say. For example, “It is a fine day, isn’t it?” or “Hello! How are you?”
B: That sounds easy! __3__
A: Certainly. You can talk about the film with your friends and guess the meaning of new words. ___4__
B: I think now I am more confident. __5__ Thank you very much.
A: It is my pleasure. Wish you success.
1 ______ 2 ______ 3_______ 4______ 5_______
|A. What can I do for you?
B. It is a great way to learn English.
C. Before you start your conversation, take a deep breath and smile.
D. My last question is that whether it is necessary to see English films?
E.I will take your advice.
F.I want to ask for advice about English learning.
G. Can you answer my questions?
| All the time, enjoy oneself, each other, write down, in class, help…with, send…to, get bad marks, look up, learn…from
2. I hope you can ____ _____ on the field trip, Ann.
3. His dog follows him everywhere _________.
4. You’d better answer the teacher’s questions loudly __________.
5.--What is Lily doing over there?
--He ________ some new words.
6.Jack _______ a letter ____ his mother yesterday.
7.Lngling ______ English _____ her sister Meimei now.
8.I’m afraid I ______ in the coming exam.
9.Please _______ your answer in your notebook.
10.Say “Hello” to _______ every morning.
1.Chinese is one of the most important (语言)in the world.
2.I want to know how to （提高）my oral English.
3.The farmers celebrate the harvest (一起)in Autumn.
4.How about (看)TV at home.
5. “help (自己)to some fish”，the woman said to us.
6.I’m sorry I made many （错误）in the exam.
7.---Would you like some orange ?
--- (仅仅)a little.
8.My teacher is very kind. She always come into the classroom with a （微笑）.
9.I’m sorry I didn’t (记住)to close the door when I left the room.
10.There are a lot of .(报纸)Which one do you want ?
Mr. Klein told the class that a new student, Inez, would join them soon. He__1__ that Inez was deaf. She “talk” with other by using __2___ language. Mr. Klein knew sign language, and he decided to teach __3__ students so that they could also “talk” with Inez.
First, they learned to sign the letters. Some letters were hard to __4__. Other letters, such as hand was the same ___5___ the shape of the letter.
The __6__ thing they learned was finger—spelling. They signed one letter after another to spell a word. They __7__ with two—letter words such as “at” and “on”. Then they spelled __8__ words.
Finally, Mr. Klein showed that __9__one sign for the word “fine”, a person spreads out (张开) the fingers on one hand, __10__ the thumb (拇指) to the chest (前胸). Signing is not just __11__ with the hands. Expressions on the face are also __12__. The students learned to sign a question mark by using expressions __13__ the face.
When Inez first entered the classroom, she looked __14__. But the students signed,” Good morning, Inez.” She gave the class a big smile and signed back,”What a wonderful __15__!”
1. A. hoped B. said C. guessed D. thought
2. A. sign B. finger C. oral D. hand
3. A. his B. my C .her D. our
4. A. spell B. check C. remember D. write
5. A. to B. as C. like D. with
6. A. first B. only C. last D. next
7. A. met B. started C. agreed D. helped
8. A. never B. easier C. longer D. nicer
9 A. never B. perhaps C. still D. just
10. A. joins B. fixes C. touches D. ties
11. A. made B. done C. given D. chosen
12. A. important B. different C. difficult D. strange
13. A. at B. in C. to D. on
14. A. serious B. surprised C. frightened D. nervous
15. A. welcome B. congratulation C. progress D. success
We each have a memory. That’s why we can still remember things after a long time. Some people have very good memories and they can easily learn many things by heart, but some people can only remember things when they say or do them again and again. Many of the great men of the world have got surprising memories.
A good memory is a great help in learning a language. Everybody learns his mother language when he is a small child. He hears the sound, remember it and then he learns to speak. Some children are living with their in foreign countries. They can learn two languages as easily as one because they hear, remember and speak two languages every days l it is not so easy to learn a foreign language because the pupils have so little time for it, and they are busy with other subjects, too.
But your memory will become better and better when you do more exercise.
1.Why can some people easily learn many things by heart?
2.When does everybody learn his mother language?
3. What must he do before a child can speak?
4. In school the pupils can’t learn a foreign language well because_________________________________________.
5.Your memory will become better and better when ________________________.
|Try, as, remember, though, by, language, learn, quickly, through, talk|
We learn our own language (6)____ learning people speak it, not by seeing what they write. We imitate what we hear. In school,(7)_____ you learn to read and write as well (8)____ to hear and speak, it is best (9)____ all the new words (10)____ the ear. You can read them, spell them and write them later.
一、根据首字母提示写单词1. translate 2.groups 3.wishes 4.breath 5.advice
二、用所给词的正确形式填空1.join 2.waiting 3.to learn 4.watching; playing
三、补全对话1.F 2. C 3. D 4.B 5. E
1.helps with 2.enjoy yourself 3.all the time 4.in class 5.is looking for
6.sent to 7. is learning from 8. will get bad marks
9.write down 10.each other
1.languages 2.improve 3.together 4.watching 5.yourselves 6.mistakes 7.Just 8.smile 9.remember 10.newspapers
1.B 2.A 3.A 4.C 5.B 6.D 7.B 8.C 9.D 10.C 11.B 12.A 13.D 14.D 15.A
1.Because they have a good memory.
2.When he is a small child.
3.He hears the sounds and remembers them.
4.they have so little time for it.
5.you have more and more exercises.
八、综合填空1.remember 2.language 3.tries 4.talking 5.quickly 6.by 7.though 8.as 9.to learn 10.through.
Module 2 检测卷
6. Jeff thinks there should be more .
A. subways B. cars C. buses
7. Hector went to work today.
A. by bike B. by car C. by boat
8. is having a birthday party this Sunday.
A. Ted B. Tony C. Lisa
9. Miss White is more than Mr. Smith.
A. serious B. popular C. athletic
10. Maria has hair.
A. short curly B. short straight C. long curly
11. What does the boy think of English?
A. Difficult. B. Easy. C. Boring.
12. What did the boy's English teacher say in the report card?
A. The boy was good at English.
B. The boy was lazy.
C. The boy could do better.
13. Where has Jack been?
A. To Beijing.
B. To his hometown.
C. To the woman's hometown.
14. What is the population of Jack's hometown?
A. 20,000. B. 200,000. C. 2,000,000.
15. What does the woman want to do?
A. To return to her own hometown.
B. To go to the man's hometown.
C. To go hiking with the man.
16. Ted is going to have this evening.
A. a guitar lesson B. a piano lesson C. an acting lesson
17. Ted is going to play basketball with his friends on .
A. Wednesday B. Thursday C. Friday
18. Ted is going to his birthday party on Thursday afternoon.
A. sister's B. cousin's C. uncle's
19. Ted is going fishing with his .
A. cousin B. mom C. dad
20. Ted invites Sonia to on Friday afternoon.
A. go shopping B. go swimming C. go fishing
21. --- What's the p of London?
--- About seven and a half million.
22. If I had a m dollars, I would give it to medical research.
23. Her sister likes fruits, e bananas.
24. Tony's mother is an English teacher in a u .
25. We went to the m yesterday. There are lots of trees there.
26. The boat can take us to the only i in the middle of the lake.
27. This is the n gate of the park.
28. Guilin is a very beautiful city in the s of China. How I want to go on a trip there!
29. He opened his mouth w when he heard the amazing thing.
30. Bristol is in the w of England.
31. I like fruit, (尤其) apples.
32. We have a growing (人口) and therefore we need more food.
33. He stood there in surprise with his mouth open (充分地).
34. I visited Qinghua (大学) during this summer vacation.
35. Tibet is in the (西方) of China and it is really beautiful.
36. There are many (山) in Shandong Province.
37. Some people like living in the (乡下).
38. Qingtuan is a traditional Qingming snack for people living (南方) of the Yangtze River.
39. Beijing is in the (北方) of China.
40. There are about five (百万) people in our city.
What's the restaurant across from your house ?
Beijing is an than Changchun.
I think Superman is . He's Spiderman.
44. --- 大卫游得比高山快吗?
--- 不, 不是的。他游得比高山慢。
--- David than Gao Shan?
--- No, he . He than Gao Shan.
I am than of the students in my class.
My name is Sally. I'm a student. I'm 46 the UK. It's a clean and beautiful 47 . London is the 48 of it. And it's famous 49 Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Tower Bridge. London is 50 than any other city in England. It's the biggest city in England. Tower Bridge is a long bridge 51 it's 260 metres. It's never very hot in summer, or very cold in winter. There are some lakes and low mountains in the north 52 England, and there are 53 small villages on the west coast of England. Many people all over the world come here 54 holidays. You can 55 other famous places. Welcome to London.
46. A. on B. in C. from D. to
47. A. hometown B. home C. city D. country
48. A. capital B. lake C. state(州) D. province(省)
49. A. at B. for C. on D. about
50. A. big B. bigger C. biggest D. the biggest
51. A. but B. and C. so D. because
52. A. about B. at C. of D. on
53. A. lots of B. lot of C. a lot D. a lots of
54. A. for B. to C. from D. of
55. A. give B. take C. like D. enjoy
Bangkok, the capital of Thailand(泰国), is also the biggest city in Thailand. Bangkok is a good place to shop for jewelry(珠宝) and clothes. They are beautiful but not expensive(贵的).
The people in Bangkok are very friendly. If you eat in a restaurant, the waiters will always smile at you.
The food is very delicious, but it is a little hot (辛辣的). You can also enjoy Chinese food there because lots of Chinese people live in Bangkok. In Bangkok, you can also find American food.
The weather in Bangkok changes(变化) a lot from June to September. July is the rain season in Bangkok. If you come in this month, you must take an umbrella with you. If you come from October to February of the next year, you will feel very cool there. Bangkok is a very interesting place to visit.
56. The capital of Thailand is .
A. Canberra B. Washington D.C.
C. Bangkok D. Ottawa
57. Bangkok is a good place for people to buy .
A. clothes B. fruits C. cars D. TVs
58. In Bangkok, you can eat .
A. Chinese food B. English food C. American food D. A and C
59. People should take umbrellas in .
A. June B. July C. August D. September
60. Which is TRUE according to the passage?
A. The jewelry in Bangkok is expensive.
B. Waiters in restaurants of Bangkok are friendly.
C. There are not many Chinese people in Bangkok.
D. It is often rainy in October.
Canada and the United States are neighbours. They are on the same land. They share the same long boundary(国界).
These two nations are same in many ways. Canadians buy many goods from the United States. Cars and clothes are two examples. Americans also buy goods from Canada. Much of the paper used in the United States comes from Canada. Some of the oil we use comes from Canada, too.
Americans travel to Canada on holiday. And Canadians often visit the United States. It is easy for the people of one country to go to the other country.
Canadians read about the United States in newspapers and magazines. Many Americans watch Canada baseball and hockey matches on Sundays.
However, there are important differences between the United States and Canada. The United States has many more people. Because the population is smaller, there are more open places in Canada. There is much unusual land. This is another important difference.
61. Canadians buy from the United States.
A. oil and paper B. nothing C. many things D. everything
62. The people in the United States like Canadian .
A. newspaper B. basketball C. baseball D. oil
63. Which one of the following is NOT true?
A. Canada is connected(连接) with America.
B. Canada has not used all the land.
C. Canadians don't like hockey.
D. Canada has less people than USA.
Traveling is one of the most important activities and people have been interested in it for many years. Modern traffic develops fast, so traveling to different places has become much easier than before.
Staying healthy while traveling can make your trip happier. But do you know how to keep healthy during a trip? The following information may be useful for you.
● Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunglasses.
● Take some necessary medicine with you. They can be used when you get sick or have other problems.
● If you do lots of sports like walking or climbing during your trip, you should do some exercise for weeks or months before you leave.
● Be sure not to eat dirty food or bad fruit.
● Have enough time to take a rest during your trip.
● Tap water is not safe, so drink bottled water and always clean the cover on the bottle.
64. Traveling has become much easier because of the .
A. modern technology B. modern traffic development
C. travel agencies D. development of people's lives
65. You should before you leave your home for a trip.
A. take some medicine with you B. clean the cover
C. drink much water D. wear warm clothes
66. You had better not while you are having a trip.
A. wear glasses B. be too tired C. wear a hat D. take a rest
67. If you while traveling, your trip will be happier.
A. walk fast B. eat too much
C. keep healthy D. climb a mountain
78. The passage mainly talks about .
A. traveling development
B. how to keep healthy during a trip
C. activities before traveling
D. activities while traveling
The 2012 Summer Olympics were held in London, UK. The city became the first in history to host the Olympic Games three times.
The London 2012 Olympic mascots(吉祥物), which are named after two small English towns, are Wenlock and Mandeville. They only have one eye. But they look very friendly. Wenlock is wearing bracelets(手链) in the colors of the Olympic rings. UK children and families helped design the mascots.
London had been preparing for the 2012 Olympics all the time. On May 5, the Olympic Stadium(体育场) opened in east London. Schoolchildren in London were the stars of the day. Niamh Clarke-Willis is 9. She pressed the button(启动按钮) to open the Olympic Stadium with London 2012 Chairman Sebastian Coe. There were more than 40, 000 people taking part in the ceremony. The stadium can hold 80, 000 people. It hosted the Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics on July 27.
The 2012 London Summer Olympics were really a great success.
69. How many times has London held the Olympic Games?
A. Once. B. Twice. C. Three times. D. Four times.
70. What do the names of the 2012 Summer Olympic mascots come from?
A. Two small English towns. B. Two UK children.
C. Two UK officers. D. Two UK families.
71. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. The Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics was held on July 27.
B. The Olympic Stadium opened in south London.
C. The stadium can hold 80,000 people.
D. There were more than 40,000 people taking part in the ceremony.
Recently, an Internet game has become popular among young office workers and students. On the Internet people can "farm" on a piece of "land" and "grow", "sell" or even "steal" "vegetables", "flowers" and "fruits". 72. Of course, all those are not true, you know, they are on the Internet! I interviewed some people. 73. A parent says she doesn't quite understand why lots of young people are so mad about the childish games. 74. However, many junior high school children say they enjoy putting some "insects" in their friends' "gardens". And they've become closer because of the game. They think having fun together is the most exciting thing. 75. Students spend too much time playing the game, so they can not pay attention to their study. 76. Besides, it gives then the exciting experience of being a "thief".
A. She thinks maybe they are just not confident to face the real world.
B. Most young office workers think their work is too much for them and wish to relax for while.
C. They can make some e-money and buy more "seeds", "pets" and even "houses".
D. As for teachers, almost all of them say it's just a waste of time.
E. Here are their opinions.
Canada Geese are large blue and white birds. When autumn comes, they have to go to the south where the weather is warmer. The winters are so cold in Canada that the birds will die if they stay there.
Last spring, Bill Lishman found sixteen young Canada Geese on his farm. They had lost their parents. Bill thought, "These young birds won't know what to do in the autumn." He had a small plane and he decided to teach the birds to follow him. All through the summer, he went on short trips in his plane and the young geese were after him.
When the cold weather arrived in the autumn, Bill flew to Virginia in the United States, 600 miles south of his home in Canada. The geese followed him all the way. Bill left the geese in Virginia and he returned home.
This spring, Bill was waiting for the birds to come back. They didn't arrive, so Bill flew to Virginia to get them. He looked for them for two weeks but he couldn't find them. When he arrived back home, he found the geese waiting for him. They had found their way home without him!
77. Why do the Canada Geese fly to the south when autumn comes?
78. Where did Bill find sixteen young geese last spring?
79. How did Bill go to Virginia?
80. How long did it take Bill to look for the geese in Virginia?
81. What do you think of Bill Lishman?
Module 2 检测卷
1. C 2. E 3. F 4. D 5. B
6. C 7. A 8. C 9. B 10. C
11. A 12. C 13. B 14. C 15. B
16. B 17. A 18. B 19. C 20. C
1. Most young people like listening to pop music.
2. The woman reporter is reporting the fire.
3. Jack won the first place in the high jump.
4. If you want to keep healthy, you need to take more exercise.
5. Mary's mother made Mary a cake yesterday.
6. W: What do you think of the transportation in this city, Jeff?
M: I think there should be more buses.
7. W: Hi, Hector! Did you go to work by car today?
M: No, I rode my bike.
8. W: Can you come to my birthday party, Tony?
M: I am sorry, Lisa. I have to visit Ted this Sunday.
9. W: How is your new English teacher, Miss White?
M: She's less serious and more popular than Mr Smith.
10. W: Is that girl Maria?
M: No, Maria has long curly hair. That girl's hair is short and straight.
W: Do you study English at school?
M: Yes. I study English from Monday to Friday.
W: How do you like it?
M: I find it hard to learn.
M: I can't remember all the words.
W: How was your report card about your English in the final exam?
M: My English teacher, Miss Li, said I could do better.
W: Oh, Jack, where have you been? I haven't seen you for a long time.
M: I've been to my hometown.
W: Really? Where's your hometown?
M: It's a city not far from Beijing.
W: Are there many people in your hometown?
M: Yes, quite a large number. There are about 2,000,000 people.
W: Oh, so many people. There are only 200,000 people in my hometown. Hmm, by the way, did you enjoy yourself there?
M: Yes, I did. I went hiking with my old friends. It was wonderful.
W: Can I go with you next time?
M: Of course.
Hello, Sonia! This is Ted. Thank you for inviting me to your house this week. I'd like to, but I am afraid I can't. I will be very busy this week. This evening I am going to have a piano lesson. I have to study for my English test tomorrow. On Wednesday I am going to play basketball with my friends. On Thursday afternoon I am going to my cousin's birthday party. On Friday afternoon, I am going fishing with my dad. Can you come and go fishing with us then? We will be happy if you can come. Please call me this afternoon.
41. famous for
42. older city
43. better, stronger than
44. Does; swim faster; doesn't; swims slower
45. quieter; most
46. C 47. D 48. A 49. B 50. B
51. B 52. C 53. A 54. A 55. D
56. C 57. A 58. D 59. B 60. B
61. C 62. C 63. C 64. B 65. A
66. B 67. C 68. B 69. C 70. A
72. C 73. E 74. A 75. D
77. Because the weather is warmer in the south. / Because the winter in Canada is cold.
78. On his farm.
79. By plane./He flew to Virginia.
80. For two weeks.
81. He is kind/warm-hearted.
（ ）1. They like playing ______ violin ______ football.
A. /; the B. the; / C. the; the D. /; /
( )2. Listening to the ___________ music always makes me _________ .
A. relaxed , relaxing B. relaxed , relaxed
C. relaxing , relaxing D. relaxing , relaxed
( ) 3. Boys and girls, believe in yourselves. The _________ you are , the better grades you’ll get.
Amore carefully B more careful C. most careful D most carefully
( ) 4. I hope we have a better chance of ___________ the task .
A. finish B. finishes C. finishing D. to finish
( )5.In our country the road is _______cleaner and wider than before.
A. more B. little C. many D. much
( ) 6 .I think swimming is more exciting than _______the hills.
A. play B. to play C. plays D. playing
( )7. Do you think math is __________ than English ?
A. difficult B. as difficult C. more difficult D. most difficult
( ) 8. ---Excuse me, where is the museum?
---It’s near the bank. You can find it ______.
A. clearly B. easily C. quietly D loudly
文章 来源 天
添 资源网 w w